Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who Are We Looking For?
Vestwell is seeking a Compliance Associate to be part of our growing Legal and Compliance Team. In this role you will take ownership of the day-to-day fraud detection and anti-money laundering functions, to manage fraud risk for Vestwell and our clients, and comply with regulatory requirements. You will report to the Financial Crimes Compliance Analyst and will work cross-functionally and in close collaboration with our Client, Operations and Services Teams. The role will have a significant impact by understanding, analyzing and controlling key risk for the company as we scale into our next phase of growth.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Compliance Associate, your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Analyze daily high risk fraud indicators to identify suspicious activity.
- Review, research and respond to escalated CIP, KYC, surveillance and screening alerts.
- Prepare detailed escalation memos to alert clients of potential suspicious activity.
- Collaborate with Client, Operations and Services Teams to track, research and resolve customer inquiries, complaints and escalations.
- Perform initial and ongoing client KYC reviews, documenting results and updating the status.
- Log and track all suspicious activity information to be used in management and client reporting.
- If requested, work on various Legal and Compliance Team projects to help scale our growing business.
- Experience performing fraud detection or anti-money laundering functions.
- Comfort working in a start-up environment with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- Exceptional analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with productivity tools, especially JIRA.
- Experience with research tools like LexisNexis.
- Experience working at a financial institution or fintech, and/or a degree in business or criminal justice.
The expected base salary range for this position is $65k-$80k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!