Director of Implementation Relationship Management
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a talented Director of Implementation Relationship Management to manage and further scale our implementation relationship management function that supports our strategic partners, advisors, and plan sponsors during our client onboarding process. The
Director will play an integral role in driving the strategic direction of our client onboarding process across multiple retirement solutions. We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting.
The Director Implementation Relationship Management is a strategic leader who can build a network of positive relationships and excels at navigating a company, through building bridges across borders and teams, seeing around corners, and skillfully guiding teams toward consensus.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Subject matter resource to our Strategic Partnerships, Financial Advisors, Plan Sponsors, Prior Recordkeepers, and/or Third-Party Administrators when aligning our digital client onboarding experience and relationship management resources to meet deliverables.
- Oversee and monitor all aspects of our digital onboarding experience process to deliver a highly cost effective and efficient digital client experience.
- Maintain and socialize our digital client onboarding experience partnership reporting.
- Manage and monitor our partner, advisor, and plan sponsor client satisfaction surveys.
- Strategic mindset focused on driving cross-team collaboration to continually enhance our digital onboarding experience across multiple business solutions.
- Partner closely with internal Sales, Operation, and Client Success teams to ensure our digital onboarding experience processes and procedures to meet client deliverables.
- Mentor and support implementation relationship management team leaders
- Serve as escalation path for client issues or concerns
- 10+ years’ experience in retirement services focused on client onboarding experiences.
- 5+ years’ experience in client service people management; supportive manager who has expertise mentoring and helping others grow.
- Multitask, engage with stakeholders, plan effectively, and consistently achieve operational goals.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to mentor and develop other team leads/managers.
- Excellent relationship-building abilities.
- Ability to collaborate with resources across the delivery model.
- Experience in leading programs using Agile and/or hybrid methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree, required, master’s degree, preferred)
The expected salary range for this position is 125-142k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!