Senior Product Marketing Associate
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who Are We Looking For?
Vestwell’s fast-growing marketing team is looking for a Junior Product Marketing Manager. This role reports to the Senior Product Marketing Manager.
Are you excited by the fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative environment of a growing start-up? Are you super-efficient and organized, attentive to detail, and a proactive problem-solver? If so, you could be an ideal candidate for this role. Knowledge of the financial services market is preferable, but it’s OK if your background looks different. We care about your potential, not just your past experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a new role in a high-growth startup that is making investing and savings programs more accessible for every American - in the workplace and beyond. This role will be key in supporting a range of product marketing initiatives that aim to differentiate our products in the fintech industry, communicate our product messaging both internally and externally, and ultimately propel the company’s rapid expansion.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Work closely with the Senior Product Marketing Manager, the Head of Marketing and the entire marketing team
- Manage sales enablement platform and sales collateral, ensuring that the sales team has the right information to use at the right time for the right audience
- Work closely with the Senior Product Marketing Manager on the development, revision and ongoing management of production positioning and marketing materials, such as presentations, emails, internal communications, one-pagers, etc.
- Assist with competitive analyses and customer research to define key customer personas and identify opportunities for growth
- Help develop product positioning that clearly articulates AND differentiates Vestwell’s suite of savings and investment products in the market
- 3-5 years product marketing marketing experience, preferably in the tech or financial services industry
- Highly organized, accountable and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project management skills - able to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines and shifting business priorities
- An ability to connect the dots, move from big picture to the granular, and communicate effectively at each level to various stakeholders
- A collaborative team player who is also a curious and independent thinker
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated start-up mentality with the ability to operate in a fast-moving environment
- Proven ability to proactively problem-solve and tackle new challenges daily
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!