PR and Communications Associate
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
This role will report to the Communications Director and will partner closely with the entire marketing team. The Communications Associate will focus on expanding brand awareness for Vestwell across earned media initiatives and organic social media management. If you’re a confident team player, creative storyteller, and willing to tackle projects with proactiveness and positivity, we encourage you to apply.
What will you be doing?
- Increase brand awareness through executive and product-focused PR initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and create unique story angles to position Vestwell as a thought leader in the savings industry.
- Develop communications materials across various platforms, including but not limited to press releases, proactive media pitches, interview talking points, blog posts, and more.
- Research and coordinate executive speaking engagements as well as corporate award submissions.
- Execute the corporate and executive social media strategy including copywriting, calendar management, and ongoing community engagement.
- Measure, monitor, and build comprehensive outcomes reporting across social media and corporate brand awareness.
- 3-5 years of PR and social media management experience, preferably in financial services
- Strong writing, editing, grammar, and interpersonal skills. Ability to craft, prepare, and execute writing assignments (pitches, project narratives, blog posts, bylines) under tight deadlines
- Capable of working collaboratively across multiple teams
- Prior agency experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented
The expected salary range for this position is $60K - $70K. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!