Implementations Relationship Manager
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are growing and looking for experienced Implementation Relationship Managers to serve as the liaison and dedicated resource to Plan Sponsors and Financial Advisors as they onboard to Vestwell's platform! In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage projects, collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to enhance our onboarding experience, and provide subject matter expertise on plan design and training for Plan Sponsors as they onboard to our platform. While we're not looking for deep expertise, prior experience in client servicing, plan administration and non-discrimination testing, plan design, and/or end-to-end conversion processing for 401(k)/403(b) plans is helpful. If you don't have this prior experience, but you have unparalleled communication skills, a commitment to superior customer service, ability to adapt within a fast-paced business environment, and previous client management experience handling several clients and projects at once, we’d be delighted to connect with you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Managing all aspects of the onboarding process and successful transition of new plans to our platform
- Coordinating with Financial Advisors, Plan Sponsors, prior recordkeepers, and/or Third Party Administrators to determine conversion timelines, key action items, and delivery dates, as well as communicating overall project status to both external and internal stakeholders
- Collaborating cross-functionally to provide support where needed and ensure the team is able to deliver against expected Service Level Agreements
- Providing oversight in the creation and maintenance of the team/department’s knowledge base
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
- Subject matter knowledge of retirement plan design and plan conversion processes from point of sale to release of conversion data
- Experience in project management and leading team initiatives end to end; you're flexible, creative, team-oriented, results-driven, and have the ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Professional experience using and optimizing internal technical operational tools (e.g. Jira, Zendesk, Asana, Google Workspace), and helping others develop and employ best practices -- bonus points for deployment/build experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning, creating, and iterating rapidly
- General knowledge of ERISA rules and requirements, and experience with one or more compliance/recordkeeping systems (e.g. SunGard Relius, ASC, FIS)
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher ASPPA credential
- Series 7 and 66 or a Series 65 from a registered investment advisor
The expected salary range for this position is 80k-85k with variable compensation potential. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?