EDC Productivity Manager
Underline starts with our people.
At Underline, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Underline is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where people feel valued, work with a purpose of mission, are personally rewarded, and are professionally challenged.
Are you ready to join this team and transform American communities?
Underline was founded in 2019 with a singular mission: to ensure the vibrancy of our nation through building intelligent community infrastructure in a socially equitable manner. We work with American communities to design, finance, and construct open access fiber-optic networks. These networks are critical to secure internet access that’s fast, affordable, and fair. As open access networks, this infrastructure is also the essential foundation for distributed healthcare services, new wireless solutions, and resilient infrastructure including modernized water systems and responsible energy creation. Our first two projects are in Colorado Springs and Fountain, Colorado.
About this Position
The EDC Productivity Manager (“EPM”) is responsible for the reporting of “productivity management” of all key OSP & ISP Engineering/Design/Construction/Technical Operational (“EDC”) tasks associated with market builds and service delivery. To ensure that EDC consistently meets “On-Time/On-Budget'' expectations, the EPM’s primary objective is to provide proactive, real-time tracking and intelligence reporting of EDC deliverables that must be completed sequentially in order to meet daily, weekly, quarterly EDC OKR’s. To accomplish this, the EPM will develop, manage, oversee and provide “real-time” Key Performance Indicator (KPI) utilizing Vitruvi (Business Intelligence Tool) of all deliverables and milestones that must be completed but not limited to the project/workforce/inventory/finance management. The EPM will also identify potential risk(s) associated with a deliverable not being met, apprise relevant stakeholders so action can be taken to mitigate risk. Supporting Underline’s accountability culture, the EPM must be proficient in using Vitruvi, Qlik, Vetro and/or other EDC BI tools.
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy working as part of a collaborative team
- You have a passion for data hygiene and using systems/tools to simplify work streams and leverage bandwidth across teams
- You are detail-oriented and able to juggle and execute on multiple tasks and projects in sometimes a nebulous and fluid work environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit—you have no problem getting your hands dirty and have an intense ability to learn quickly and from others
- You are a true believer in the social, economic, and environmental benefits of bringing intelligent infrastructure to communities across the country
What you'd be doing:
- Provide proactive, real-time tracking and intelligence reporting of EDC deliverables that must be completed sequentially in order to meet daily, weekly, quarterly EDC OKR’s
- Be the subject matter expert of Vitruvi and other EDC business intelligence tools and will leverage the platforms to: provide accurate DPP forecasting, Cost Per DPP, drive highly accurate forecasting of Install Gates, automate and scale the gathering and dispensing of key information across multiple builds, vendors and stakeholders
- Build and maintain dashboards and planning cycles in Vitruvi
- Manage the process of gathering data and key information across projects to keep forecasts and timelines accurate
- Utilize intelligence from key metrics to keep the Director of Market Construction apprised of forward-looking trends and potential risks
- Serve as liaison for key deliverables reporting between EDC operational teams as well as other internal Underline teams
- Manage the onboarding and training of Underliners, EPC’s, subcontractors and other partners onboarded and trained in Vitruvi
- Take a front-facing role to help scope and identify key system integration needs (Vetro, Vitruvi, etc.) for the technology team to implement and manage
- Work with the Knowledge Sciences team to ensure quality data flows from key construction systems to support broader company objectives/KPIs
- Support the development, optimization, and enhancement of Vitruvi as means to leverage across various reporting/ops platforms such as inventory management, finance, HR, Vertro.
- Under general direction, responsible for converting business requirements and high-level data collection needs into well-specified analyses, reporting and visualizations.
- Provide end-user support and encourage user adoption. Act as Tier 1 support for end-users of Vitruvi and train end-users on basic functionality (directing users to training material and available resources)
- Maintain proficiency in using Vitruvi, Qlik, Vetro and/or other EDC BI tools.
Experience we require:
- 5+ years of experience in Fiber Broadband Design, Engineering, Construction, Installation and/or related industries.
- 5+ years of project management experience and PMP certification desired.
- Deep understanding of Vitruvi including best practices and driving business outcomes through system utilization
- Experience using common BI tools including Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Sisense, SAP Crystal Reports, IBM Cognos, Qlik, etc.
- Experience working with various stakeholders to achieve system/process adoption and adherence
- Ability to effectively communicate priorities, challenges, and red flags in a timely manner
- Ability to manage many varied tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (preferred)