Senior Product Manager
Sabi is Africa’s leading provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services. Our platform enables and empowers a broad ecosystem of users, allowing retail merchants, exporters, aggregators, distributors, and manufacturers to grow their capabilities using Sabi’s technology rails. These rails provide access to physical goods supply, logistics, business tools, financial services, and data insights. Since its launch in 2021, Sabi has grown to be the largest B2B marketplace serving sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellence - Be the Best. Highest
- Value Focused - Make sure we give
users the best value all the time.
- Big minds - Innovate. Think big. Be
open. Don’t be petty. No ego. No castles.
- Knuckle down - Do the work. Get
your hands dirty. Deliver.
- Kindness - Be considerate.
- Ownership - Everything is your job.
Take responsibility. Drive it.
- Simplicity - Strip it down. Get to
As a Senior Product Manager, you will
be responsible for working collaboratively and guiding the strategic, tactical,
and operational components of our Product Portfolio. The successful candidate
will be at the helm of sometimes complex business strategy and help crystallize
it into tangible and innovative product offerings through curating successful
analysis, design, and development. This will involve organizing &
facilitating ideation and incubation sessions to uncover creative and
disruptive digital solutions that will result in an actionable portfolio
roadmap for execution toward business strategy. We are seeking a savvy, tech,
and product minded individual with a flare to grow and lead our businesses
- Lead as a Senior Product Manager as
well as enable activities within a Product Owner capacity, when necessary
- Understand and research customer
needs, market trends and potential partnerships, basing it on cost vs revenue
- Translate and collaborate with the Cofounder/Head
of Product on the Product Strategy and concisely articulate it into detailed
requirements and prototypes.
- Dive product and business-planning
processes across different business units in the company
- Collaborate with business
stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements. Translate business
requirements into technical specifications and design solutions accordingly.
- Ensure that product deadlines are
met, and the relevant stakeholders are always kept up to date on interest
- Create and maintain a high standard
of reliability, quality and usability during product phases and ensure
measurements are adhered to.
- Strategize and derive go-to-market
plans with the Head Product and Product Marketing/commercial teams.
- Report and measure product launch
success through qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Actively coordinate, prepare, and
manage up product aligned business strategy for execution.
- Support the build and delivery
through to our delivery teams in building a range of products & services
that could include responsive digital apps, APIs and data solutions to drive
our digital strategy.
- 7-10 years’ experience in Product
Management building Fintech, AgriTech or ecommerce products.
- A bachelor's degree in any related
field of study such as Business, Marketing, Computer Science / Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and
translate business needs to technical requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in Product
Management with tools and technology to effectively manage, prioritize and strategize.
- Experience working, facilitating,
and leading in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of Designers, Engineers,
Business, Product and Marketing
- Strong business acumen and business
- Experience in launching Digital and
Physical products in emerging markets.
- Understanding the application of
human centered and service design concepts and assist in delivery facilitation
with close collaboration with the UX/UI team.
- Fluency in technology and emerging
trends in the African context to drive adoption, inspiration to help product
and technology teams grow.
by the mission of Sabi
with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to
independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple
projects simultaneously with fast-changing
level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of
focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands
to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as
they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure,
method and outcomes yourself .
- Robust Health Coverage, including
- Wellness Programs, including
to work in other global office.
Team Bonding Activities