Head, Communications & Public Relations
Sabi is Africa’s leading provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services. Our platform enables and empowers a broad ecosystem of users, allowing retail merchants, exporters, aggregators, distributors, and manufacturers to grow their capabilities using Sabi’s technology rails. These rails provide access to physical goods supply, logistics, business tools, financial services, and data insights. Since its launch in 2021, Sabi has grown to be the largest B2B marketplace serving sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellence - Be the Best. Highest standards. Consistently.
- Value Focused - Make sure we give users the best value all the time.
- Big minds - Innovate. Think big. Be open. Don’t be petty. No ego. No castles.
- Knuckle down - Do the work. Get your hands dirty. Deliver.
- Kindness - Be considerate.
- Ownership - Everything is your job. Take responsibility. Drive it.
- Simplicity - Strip it down. Get to the essence.
As the Head Communications & Public Relations, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing effective communication strategies that promote Sabi's image, reputation, and brand. The role will be responsible for creating and executing external communication plans, public media relations, crisis management, and other communication initiatives. You will be providing directional leadership to a team constantly be creating informative content, press releases, articles, and looking out for media opportunities to share our build our brand, stories, and events.
- Develop and execute comprehensive PR and communication strategies that align with Sabi's overall business goals and objectives.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, articles and related public relations materials that will best shapes Sabi’s impact and public perception.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, investors, and community members.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with media outlets and respond to press inquiries.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage of Sabi and provide regular reports on media activity.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in corporate communications and make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Work within the marketing teams to generate new ideas and strategies that are consistent with the overall business goals.
- Be involved in planning and managing the design, content, and production of all marketing materials in Sabi.
- Collaborate with HR and leadership to develop and execute internal communication strategies.
- Collaborate with various departments and stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging across all communication channels.
- Manage the PR and communications budget efficiently, allocating resources to initiatives that deliver the highest ROI.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations in a fast-paced environment with a track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in media relations and crisis communication management.
- Proficiency in using PR and communication tools, media monitoring software, and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent leadership abilities with proven experience leading a team.
- Experience with international PR and global markets is a plus.
- Motivated by the mission of Sabi
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself .
- Rapid Career Growth
- Annual Training Budget
- Robust Health Coverage, including
- Optical Cover, and
- Dental Cover
- Wellness Programs, including
- Free Gym Cover
- Free Spa Cover
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Opportunity to work in other global office.
- Life Cover
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Days
- Fully-funded Team Bonding Activities