Business Development Manager( Modern Trade)
are hiring into Loft one
of our business units focused on logistics & distribution and
warehousing operations across emerging markets. They are providing on-demand
products across logistics, warehousing, finance, inventory
management, and technology.
We Deliver - excellent
capability to execute.
We Collaborate - One solution, one platform
We are Transparent - we empower transparent communication
- Conduct research and analysis of the modern trade sector to identify potential market opportunities, customer needs, and competitive landscape. Stay updated on market trends, consumer behavior, and industry developments. Key role in high-level planning for distribution and marketing strategies.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities within the modern trade segment. Generate leads, negotiate deals, and close sales to secure new partnerships and expand market share.
- Drive the research & deliver intelligence that will inform proposition development for Modern Trade Business.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to penetrate the modern trade market and achieve sales targets.
- Identify key accounts and build strong relationships with key decision-makers.
- Monitor sales performance, track market trends, and analyze data to generate accurate sales forecasts and reports. Provide regular updates to management regarding sales achievements, market insights, and competitor activities.
- Set sellout target for the sales team.
- Growth management, responsible for sales growth month on month as well as increasing number of customers monthly.
- Account Management: Manage and nurture relationships with existing modern trade accounts. Provide excellent customer service, address customer queries and concerns, and ensure customer satisfaction. Upsell and cross-sell products and services to maximize revenue. Ensure Customers retention.
- Build and manage network of Social Enterprises, supermarkets and or Direct agents’ sales.
- Coordinate agent support including agent training, merchandising and below the line (BTL) marketing strategies, support, and execution.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for new business.
- Responsible for developing & deploying business propositions that will convert to revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven track record in business development, sales, or key account management, preferably within the modern trade sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the modern trade industry, including key players, market dynamics, and customer preferences.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret market data.
- Result-oriented with a focus on achieving sales targets.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using sales and CRM software.
Motivated by the mission of Loft
Pragmatic with quantitative and
analytical ability and attention to detail
Driven, independent thinker and leader
who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with
High level of integrity and
dependability with a strong sense of
A focus on execution. Willing and able
to get hands dirty.
Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and
attack problems and projects as they arise, where
you will need to set out a clear structure, method
and outcomes yourself .
Rapid Career Growth
Annual Training Budget
Robust Health Coverage