Posted on Thursday, June 1, 2023
Sabi is Africa’s leading provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services. Our platform enables and empowers a broad ecosystem of users, allowing merchants, importers, exporters, distributors, and manufacturers to expand their capabilities and grow their businesses using Sabi’s technology rails.
Sabi is Africa’s leading provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services. Our platform enables and empowers a wide ecosystem of users, allowing agents, merchants, exporters, aggregators, distributors, and manufacturers to expand their capabilities and grow their businesses using Sabi’s technology rails. These rails provide access to physical goods supply, logistics, business tools, financial services and data insights. In a short span of two years, Sabi has grown to be the largest B2B marketplace on the African continent.
Our service offering includes ensuring a great assortment of appropriately priced goods is available to merchants, providing technology for them to manage their businesses, and facilitating financial services to help them grow. Our objective is to use our unified technology platform to understand the informal economy better than anyone and ultimately help our ecosystem of merchants grow.
Excellence - Be the Best. Highest standards.
Make sure we give users the best value. All the time.
Innovate. Think big. Be open. Don’t be petty. No ego. No
Do the work. Get your hands dirty. Deliver
Kindness - Be considerate. Life is stressful
Ownership - Everything is your job. Take responsibility.
Simplicity - Strip it down. Get to the essence.
The Tax Analyst is responsible for managing the Company’s local and international tax affairs, optimizing the Company’s tax opportunities vis-à-vis the strategies for business growth and expansion and ensuring compliance with regulations to prevent risks of default
- Conduct research and analysis on tax laws, regulations, and rulings
relevant to the e-commerce and financial services industries to ensure
- Prepare, review and file periodic tax returns to the relevant state
and federal tax authorities, including Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding
Tax (WHT) returns, ensuring accuracy and adherence to relevant tax laws and
- Monitor industry positions, court rulings and changes in tax laws
and regulations affecting the Company and communicate the impact to the
- Review the Company’s projects and contractual documentation for
compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (such as finance,
accounting, legal, and operations) to gather necessary data and documentation
for tax compliance and reporting purposes.
- Identify, develop, and implement tax planning strategies to optimize
the company's tax position while ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance on tax implications of e-commerce/financial
services initiatives, such as launching new products or services, expanding
into new markets, or implementing new business models.
- Support the tax audit process by assisting with data gathering,
responding to tax authority inquiries, and providing necessary documentation.
- Provide substantive defense in tax audits/investigations and ensure
prompt resolution of reviews and queries initiated by the various tax
- Identify and promptly resolve tax-related issues, including
researching and communicating with relevant tax authorities or external tax
- Stay updated on emerging tax issues and trends in the e-commerce
industry, assessing their impact on the company's tax compliance and planning
- Collaborate with external tax advisors, consultants, or auditors as
needed to obtain specialized expertise or support for complex tax matters.
Perform tax disclosures in financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain tax records (including tax provisions) and tax-related
policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Provide tax-related training and guidance to internal stakeholders,
ensuring understanding of tax requirements and implications.
- Actively build and maintain the company’s reputation and
relationship with the tax authorities to reduce friction.
Special Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
(ICAN/ACCA certification preferred).
- At least 5 years’ experience as a tax specialist, preferably with
consulting or financial services background.
- Solid knowledge of tax laws and regulations applicable to the
e-commerce and financial services industry, including sales tax, VAT and
- Experience with tax compliance and reporting for
e-commerce and financial services transactions and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate
effectively with cross-functional teams and external advisors.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using tax software and compliance/reporting
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms, payment systems, and related
technologies is a plus.
- An understanding of international tax principles and cross-border
e-commerce is beneficial.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications,
such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and tax preparation software
by the mission of Sabi
with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple
projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as
they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure,
method and outcomes yourself .
Health Coverage, including
to work in other global offices
Team Bonding Activities