Private Credit / Leveraged Finance Reporter
Marketing & Communications, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Permira portfolio since 2022, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our iron-clad corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, a generous retirement package, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, and much more.
Who we are: Reorg, a provider of financial information and analysis on distressed and high yield debt, is looking for an experienced private credit and leveraged finance reporter to cover Asia markets, working with a team of journalists, financial analysts and lawyers. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a young, dynamic New York-headquartered company which has been expanding its Asian operations for the past four and a half years.
Who you are: You are an experienced reporter with a strong background covering primary finance, including syndicated loans and high yield bonds, with an excellent knowledge of the private equity and private credit space in Asia Pacific. You will have proven financial markets knowledge, strong people skills and an ability to quickly turn leads into well-written stories requiring minimal edits. Strong attention to detail is a must. Ideally you will have experience working on stories on corporate financial restructurings, distressed debt situations in Asia and/or elsewhere.
You preferably have an understanding of a number of Asian bankruptcy court systems and the different legal tools available to companies in distress.
You will work with a team of specialist credit analysts, legal analysts and financial reporters to break scoops and generate market leading content on deals and trends in the private credit, leveraged buyout and M&A space.
- Break high impact scoops on deals in the private credit, leveraged finance and high-yield bond markets across Asia Pacific.
- Stay on top of and write about trends, people and fund news in the private credit, leveraged finance and high-yield bond markets across Asia Pacific markets.
- Collaborate with financial analysts and legal analysts to generate deep dive stories and analysis
- Collaborate with financial reporters covering stressed and distressed debt and restructuring to generate high level copy
- Develop and maintain contact and build relationships with a broad range of sources across the Asia Pacific credit space
- Represent Reorg at conferences, on internal and external webinars and panels relevant to the subject area
- Strong track record in journalism in the field of high yield, loans, distressed debt and debt restructuring
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the main financial terminology and mechanisms related to private credit, syndicated loans, bonds, financial restructurings and distressed debt.
- Understanding of Asian legal systems in relation to in-court restructuring.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A self starter attitude with a proven ability to multi task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Fluency in a major Asia languages is a plus, but not a requirement
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?