New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, and law firms. We have changed the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is seeking a Legal Analyst who has a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy and has experience focusing on large corporate restructurings in the United States. The position is in our Americas Core Credit team covering large chapter 11 cases. This is an ideal position for a mid-level or senior associate who is seeking to transition to a new career in the distressed debt/restructuring space.
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across the industry - each legal analyst is a generalist while simultaneously being expected to own coverage of a subset of cases
- Reporting on case developments on a short time frame and in accordance with Reorg’s style guide
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments
- Monitoring industry developments and trends
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals
- Representing Reorg on webinars and at industry events
- JD with a strong academic record
- A comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and 4+ years of bankruptcy law experience involving large chapter 11 cases. Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings is a plus
- Experience analyzing debt instruments, including indentures and intercreditor agreements is a plus
- Experience clerking for a bankruptcy judge - particularly in the Southern District of New York, Delaware or the Southern District of Texas - is a plus.
- A proactive, self-starter work style and ability to interact with people from varied professional backgrounds
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and other industry events
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?