IT, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.
This role is a great opportunity for a junior level data analyst to gain experience in technology solutions for financial markets. If you are passionate about data and have a strong foundation in SQL, we encourage you to apply. This role is part of a client facing group. You will gain exposure to Reorg’s clients and will be expected to learn to develop solutions to meet client needs.
Your responsibilities will include meeting with project stakeholders, assisting in documenting detailed business requirements and workflows, testing development code prior to deployment to ensure it is of the highest standards and fulfills user requirements, troubleshooting data issues and creating bespoke internal or client facing reports from database tables when necessary.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of large sets of data.
- Utilize SQL to extract and analyze data from various sources.
- Assist in the creation of new database tables.
- Conduct periodic audits of database tables against the platform user interface to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve data-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Strong knowledge of SQL or experience with other RDBMS languages such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Prior experience with data analysis, preferably in the financial industry, is a plus.
- Prior experience with unstructured data (JSON) and API integrations a plus.
- Strong SQL skills or similar Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of credit markets and financial industry is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI is a plus.
- Experience with Jira / Confluence a plus.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?