Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.
Reorg is always interested in speaking with talented industry experts to join our team of Legal Analysts. Our Legal Analysts have a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy and corporate finance law, and are critical in helping us provide our subscribers with excellent reporting and analysis of distressed debt situations and legal developments.
What we offer:
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
A day in the life:
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across the industry - each legal analyst is a generalist
- Reporting on case developments on a short time frame and in accordance with Reorg Research’s style guide
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments (akin to client alerts at major law firms)
- Monitoring industry developments and trends
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals
What we look for:
- JD with a strong academic record
- A comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law, and experience involving large chapter 11 cases; or, attorneys specializing in corporate or bank finance in the context of large corporate restructurings
- Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings
- Experience analyzing debt instruments, including indentures and intercreditor agreements
- A proactive, self-starter work style and ability to interact with people from varied professional backgrounds
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and other industry events
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
At Reorg, we consider a range of factors in connection with compensation decisions, including experience, skills, location, and our business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the salary range information below is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed below may reflect that breadth.
The salary range estimate for this position is $147,000 - $167,500.
The actual compensation will be at Reorg’s sole discretion and will be determined by the aforementioned and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for an annual year-end performance bonus.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?