Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Permira portfolio since 2022, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our iron-clad corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, a generous retirement package, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, and much more.
You will be supporting our Asia coverage of performing, stressed and distressed high yield credit coverage mainly through long form analysis, producing capital structures and financial modelling, including timely updates on price-sensitive developments. You will work alongside financial analysts, legal analysts and editorial staff to provide research and analysis directly to our subscribers, who include top institutional investors, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors and law firms. Coverage area includes South and Southeast Asia.
Candidates should indicate their preferred coverage area in their application submission and working locale. Remote working arrangements outside the indicated cities will not be considered and candidates need to ensure they have the right to work in Singapore.
- Contribute to our high quality coverage of high yield performing /stressed/ distressed credit situations through long form analysis, financial modeling, building of capital structures and synthesizing credit-sensitive financial metrics that form part of the analytical workflow;
- Ability to engage with clients on the buy-side and sell-side and able to form prospective opinions or views of the credits under coverage, especially when there are pricing dislocations;
- Work alongside the other credit analysts, legal analysts and reporters to support coverage on key credits;
- Be able to take a top down and bottom up approach and include key takeaways in reports or other long-form formats.
- Graduates with degrees in economics, accounting or finance with a minimum of two years of experience in asset management, investment banking, corporate finance, professional financial advisory or rating agencies. Candidates with retail banking or SME banking/ credit experience should not apply to this position;
- A good understanding of key macro and micro factors that could affect how securities are traded and priced in markets;
- An ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate business performance and understand the relationship between business drivers and financial performance, including the ability to model out these relationships quantitatively;
- High potential candidates may be requested to submit a written case study on a stressed and distressed credit;
- Strong work ethic, proactive and be willing to take on responsibilities, including assisting other disciplines within the broader Asia team;
- Strong interest in credit market, or financial markets in general;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- CFA is a plus;
- Knowledge in another Asian language (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin Chinese) is a plus.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?