Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Permira portfolio since 2022, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our iron-clad corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, a generous retirement package, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, and much more.
Who we are: Reorg, a provider of financial information and analysis on distressed and performing high yield debt, is looking for an experienced editor to cover the European and CEEMEA markets, working with a team of journalists, financial analysts and lawyers. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic New York-headquartered company which has a well established presence in Europe.
Who you are: You are an experienced editor who has worked on drafting/editing complex stories on corporate finance, distressed debt situations in Europe and/or elsewhere. You must be able to edit and re-organize complex articles on debt issuers (including those in financial troubles), sector and industry analyses and have prior experience as a journalist. Experience in managing and coaching financial journalists is a plus.
You have a good understanding of financial statements and metrics to consider when analyzing credit. You preferably have an understanding of a number of European bankruptcy court systems and the different tools available to companies in financial stress.
You will be part of the editorial team, working closely with editors, journalists, financial analysts and lawyers to shape content.
- Edit articles written by journalists, financial analysts and lawyers about leveraged companies involved in transactions ranging from debt origination, refinancing of debt facilities, in/out of court debt restructuring.
- Work with journalists, financial and legal analysts on headlines, angles for articles with the aim of producing high level copy in line with Reorg style.
- Learn about Reorg style and enforce it.
- Factcheck, ensure the information is accurately sourced and read all articles for possible libel risk
- Help coach and train new and existing reporters on both the subject matter and overall journalistic practices.
- Track record in financial journalism in the field of junk-rated debt and possibly debt restructuring.
- Experience in editing articles about companies with junk-rated debt or undergoing a debt restructuring.
- Understanding of the main financial terminology and mechanisms related to financial restructurings and distressed debt.
- Understanding of some European legal systems in relation to in-court restructuring.
- Familiarity with out-of-court restructurings is preferable but not required
- Understanding of the dynamics of the high-yield and leveraged loan markets
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A self starter attitude with a proven ability to multi task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Fluency in another European languages is a plus
Learning and development opportunities: To attend conferences and industry events
Compensation & Benefits:Base salaryYear-end bonus based on performance25 days of holiday pay annuallyPension, health insuranceGym perkRegular office get-together
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?