Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Permira portfolio since 2022, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our iron-clad corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, a generous retirement package, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, and much more.
We are looking for a Reporter to join the Reorg Asia team. This position will be based in Singapore, on a full-time permanent basis. You are a journalist or someone interested in investigative financial journalism who is passionate about digging for information on distressed corporations. You have a need for speed in getting breaking news out to our subscribers quickly and accurately. You have a solid understanding of the credit and/or insolvency markets and a broad base of sources, or you are not afraid to pick up the phone and develop sources.
You will learn a tremendous amount in this role and work with a team of seasoned journalists, analysts and lawyers across the APAC region and will deepen our coverage of the Southeast Asia, India and Australian markets. We’re looking for people who have a tremendous amount of natural curiosity and energy, with a strong work ethic and desire to dig into complicated financials and ask tough questions to develop top-notch stories for our subscribers.
- Break news, drive lead development on high-yield and distressed debt borrowers in Southeast Asia, India, and Australia
- Work collaboratively with our team of journalists, financial and legal analysts to develop leads and pursue stories in the market
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit market as well as with insolvency practitioners and advisors
- Attend conferences and events
- 1-2+ years’ experience covering the credit and/or insolvency markets and/or at least working in a newsroom; loans and debt coverage experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience covering legal proceedings
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to write thematic stories, identifying key macroeconomic and market trends
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized and great communicator and listener
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?