Distressed Debt / Restructuring Editor
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.
You are an experienced editor who has worked on drafting/editing complex stories on corporate financial restructurings, distressed debt situations in Asia and/or elsewhere. You must be able to edit and re-organise complex articles on debt issuers in financial troubles, and have prior experience as a journalist. Experience in managing and coaching financial journalists is a plus, but not a job requirement.
You have preferably an understanding of a number of Asian bankruptcy court systems and the different legal tools available to companies in distress.
You also have a good understanding of financial statements and metrics to look at when analyzing companies in distress.
You will sit with the journalists and editors team, working closely with a team of experienced financial analysts and lawyers to shape content.
- Edit articles written by journalists, financial analysts and lawyers about leveraged companies involved in complex transactions including refinancing of debt facilities, in/out of court debt restructuring.
- Work with journalists, financial and legal analysts on leads for stories, headlines, angles for articles with the aim of producing high level copy in line with Reorg style.
- Learn about Reorg style and enforce it.
- Probe reporters on their sources, make sure the information is confirmed, and properly sourced.
- Help coach and train new and existing reporters on both the subject matter and overall journalistic practices.
- Strong track record in investigative journalism in the field of high yield, distressed debt and debt restructuring.
- Strong track record in editing articles about companies with distressed debt or undergoing a debt restructuring.
- Strong understanding of the main financial terminology and mechanisms related to financial restructurings and distressed debt.
- Understanding of Asian legal systems in relation to in-court restructuring.
- Familiarity with out-of-court restructurings is preferable but not required.
- Understanding of the dynamics of the high-yield and leveraged loan markets.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- A self starter attitude with a proven ability to multi task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Fluency in other Asian languages is a plus but not required
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?