Copy Editor - HK / Singapore
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge fund, investment banking, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Permira portfolio since 2022, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our iron-clad corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, a generous retirement package, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, and much more.
You will be part of the editorial team, working closely with editors, journalists, financial analysts, lawyers and editorial operations to shape content.
As Copy Editor you'll have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic New York-headquartered organization, with an established presence in Europe and across Asia.
You are an experienced copy editor who has worked on editing complex stories, ideally on corporate finance and distressed debt situations. You must be able to check for style and factual accuracy in articles about debt issuers (including those in financial troubles). The role has a strong emphasis on editing at speed.
- Ensure real-time news coverage respects house style and remains the forefront of the financial news agenda
- Work with a team of journalists, lawyers and financial analysts who contribute to reporting on a daily basis
- Edit technical, transactional, legal and market-based stories for a growing subscriber base of sophisticated professionals
- Impeccable attention to detail and first-rate editing skills
- A good grounding in business or financial journalism
- Some knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings and/or debt capital markets would be a huge plus
- Ability to work accurately at speed and under pressure
- High level of numeracy and literacy with a creative approach
- Excellent written English
- Ability to begin work at 7am on a rotating basis.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Reorg
Something looks off?