Rate Payment Management Assistant
Pay Grade Range:£18,360.00 - £42,840.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group has an immediate requirement for an experienced Rate Payment Management Assistant to join our investor services team. Reporting into the Senior Director, the successful candidate will support both new and existing business clients with expanding property portfolios. The candidate will ideally be suitably experienced in the day to day administration associated with Rate Payment, such as processing demands, challenges and internal and external communication regarding the rates due. Transferrable professional experience will also be considered. This position offers hybrid working.
- Rate Payment Management: processing and checking of business rate bills, meeting deadlines to prepare and send funding requests, data validation, Local Authority liaison.
- Client Management: Liaison with property owners on their monthly payments due, queries, portfolio changes, preparing and providing liability reports and forecasting, and occasional attendance and client update meetings accompanied by other members of the team.
- Identifying Opportunities: Collaborating with the wider Investor Services team to identify and manage client savings opportunities, including rate bill challenges, seeking reliefs and exemptions from the local authorities, and managing rates mitigation schemes.
- General Administration: Maintaining our corporate system and databases, filing, other occasional tasks.
- Understanding of and experience in the business rates industry is preferred, but not essential. Experience may have been gained at a Rating Agent or Local Authority. We are open to candidates that can demonstrate adaptable skills.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work to deadlines.
- The candidate should enjoy working in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving is essential.
- The role will require external communication with clients and Local Authorities, and occasional face to face update meetings, and therefore a professional confidence in written and verbal communication is required.
- Confidence in using Microsoft products; Office & Excel
- 6 GCSE's grade A*-C (or equivalent).
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 888 692 7487.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.