Manager Real Property Tax
Job Category:Property Tax Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$102,670.00 - $239,560.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.The Senior Manager, Tax reporting to the Senior Director of Tax, is responsible for client management, highly technical assessment , valuation methodology and case presentation. Acutely focused on client communications with the goal of retention, expansion and upselling.
- Executing highly technical research, analysis, and project support that requires extensive service line knowledge.
- Analyzing data to determine scope and action plan for projects.
Billing, monitoring, and improving project profitability.
- Independently facilitating settlements by attending hearings and/or informal negotiations with jurisdictions.
- Supervising employees, as appropriate, to ensure work is performed in accordance with project scope (staffing, assisting with issues) and in conformity with expected technical and professional standards.
- Providing technical instruction and training to others (including reviewing work and giving feedback on work product to others.).
- Knowledge sharing, networking, conference attendance, and professional education.
- Supporting service line business development goals by identifying and pursuing new clients and retaining and expanding revenue from existing clients.
- Participating in execution of service line growth initiatives (new service offerings, sales, marketing, etc.).
- Building the Altus brand through networking, speaking engagements, published articles, webinars, and other knowledge sharing and thought leadership activities.
- Almost completed or completed their MAI, CMI and/or FRICS designation + Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar course study preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within a similar role/industry.
- Advanced property tax knowledge - either personal property or real property; Ability to train internal team members on property valuation concepts; broad CRE knowledge.
- Strong research skills in finding applicable tax legislation, prior cases etc. using strong knowledge of TR Checkpoint Software (research tool for all cases, statutes, regulations related attacks and accounting).
- Able to identify needs of existing clients.
- Knows what it means to be a brand ambassador for all Tax Service Lines externally and internally.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.