Junior Rating Auditor
Pay Grade Range:£18,360.00 - £42,840.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group has an immediate requirement for a Junior Rating Auditor to join our busy Operations team in Old Trafford. Reporting to the Rating Auditor Manager, we are looking for a talented addition to support our business clients by identifying and pursuing revenue opportunities outside of the appeals process. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop audit skills through analysis of business rates data, legislation, and internal referrals. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to kick-start their career in a professional B2B environment.
- Contact surveyors, clients, and Billing Authorities to gather and provide the information required to pursue Audit referral opportunities.
- Liaise with the Valuation Office Agency, local Billing Authorities, and clients to ensure our projected savings are understood and correctly applied.
- Analysis of business rates datasets to pursue Rating Audit leads for existing and new clients, generate referrals for surveyors, and discover new audit opportunities.
- Assist surveyors to calculate projected savings.
- Gather additional information to progress referrals, provide updates, arrange council inspections, and highlight opportunities.
- Chase the council to progress cases, provide updates, and attempt to resolve disputed applications.
- Degree educated (or previous relevant experience).
- Strong numerical ability.
- Excellent attention to detail as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ambitious, energetic and a willingness to learn.
- Tenacious and results focused with ability to work independently and under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritise appropriately with the bigger picture in mind.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation,
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.