Technical Revenue Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid’s Revenue Accounting team oversees the entire order to cash process and is responsible for billing operations, revenue recognition, reporting and collection. We partner with our cross-functional teams in Sales, Commercial, Engineering, and Business Operations.
Plaid is looking for a Technical Revenue Manager to join our growing revenue accounting team to work in this dynamic, fast pace and high growth environment. In this role, you will drive the improvement of revenue accounting policies & procedures and support sales and legal negotiations. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong knowledge in revenue recognition under ASC 606 for SaaS companies, high proficiency in partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure the best revenue outcome for each deal and new business initiative, and a drive for operational efficiency and process improvement. This role will report to the Sr. Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Own the company’s revenue recognition policy in line with ASC 606
- Review contracts and perform ad hoc research regarding complex revenue transactions and non-standard terms, etc.
- Own various quarterly revenue and AR analysis such as variable considerations assessment, and AR reserve, etc.
- Revenue subject matter expert collaborating with GTM teams, Commercials, Legal, and RevOps, etc to provide technical revenue accounting guidance for deal negotiations to achieve the best revenue outcome for the company while balancing operational needs
- Assist with revenue operations, including contract configuration, billing and collections
- Participate in monthly revenue and AR close process and ensure timely and accurate recording of revenue and accounts receivable transactions on a monthly basis, including oversight of month-end fluctuation analyses and account reconciliations
- Lead ad hoc system implementation projects to drive process improvements
- Lead annual and quarterly audit and own the relationship with auditors
- Opportunity to lead a small team
- 5+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably a combination of experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or related SaaS experience with in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards
- Experience with SaaS consumption or usage-based models preferred
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ability to perform technical accounting research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team members and supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
- High degree of comfort navigating and reconciling large data sets across multiple sources
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite (or another major ERP)
- CPA or equivalent strongly preferred
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.