Head of Content
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid is seeking a Head of Content Marketing to join our Brand team and lead the development and evolution of Plaid’s content strategy. This is an opportunity for a seasoned professional to create a vision for original thought leadership as well as a process for operationalizing and scaling our content program to grow organic reach and engagement. You will define success metrics and leverage new technologies and distribution opportunities. You will work closely with our internal teams as well as external contractors and partners, marrying data analysis and creative gusto to develop and execute a compelling content program that will drive awareness, comprehension engagement and conversion.
- Develop Content Marketing strategy that drives brand awareness, engagement and conversion.
- Develop and define the editorial strategy that supports Plaid’s brand voice and brings the brand and product to life across channels and media types.
- Oversee organic social strategy and manage our Social Media Lead to develop an engaging social presence for Plaid that grow comprehension for our offering and trust in our brand.
- Partner with internal channel owners and teams (email, paid, sales) to build a content distribution strategy and roadmap, including publishing and targeted amplification. Lead the editorial calendar process as well as the creation of content assets.
- Partner with Plaid’s SEO lead to evolve content distribution strategy to grow linkback and SEO rankings for Plaid.
- Partner with Plaid’s website lead and engineering team to continue to evolve and optimize our website to surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving engagement and conversion.
- Work in conjunction with Customer Marketing to develop customer testimonials, interviews, event recaps, etc. to bring Plaid’s dedication and impact to its customers to life.
- Partner with Comms team to develop a cohesive influencer strategy across channels.
- Manage external content contractors to ensure they are executing against Content Marketing Strategy and driving measurable business results.
- Consistently measure, analyze and report ongoing content performance against key performance indicator and optimize our strategy and execution.
- 10+ years of content marketing experience, including working on a digital brand.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and continually improve editorial processes and workflows.
- Strong analytical skills and a passing for unearthing what makes content successful and building on it.
- Experience in B2B content marketing. Personal finance and tech experience preferable.
- Understand the customer journey to inform content opportunities to help remove barrier to conversion.
- Deep content strategy skills with proven track record for using content to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, creative content for multiple channels in a variety of formats.
- Experience distributing content through multiple channels including editorial partnerships and social media.
- Strong leadership and management skills with direct reports, internal teams and external partners.
- Management experience, both internal as well as freelancers and agency partners.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.