Account Executive - Start Up
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
Plaid’s Canada team is looking for a Start-Up Account Executive to join our rapidly scaling team in Toronto. In this position, you will play a critical role in growing a “startup within a startup” that’s shaping the future of Open Finance for the Canadian market. You will be responsible for full-stack commercial activities (outbound/inbound, evaluation, negotiation, closing), as well as working with our cross-functional teams to help drive the product roadmap and market positioning for Plaid.
If you are a highly driven self-starter who can wear multiple hats, loves growing new business, and is passionate about Canadian fintech, there are few roles more exciting than this. Come help Plaid power the next wave of financial freedom via our open banking platform!
- Own a greenfield territory and manage your own pipeline, even in the face of uncertainty to ensure you hit your metrics.
- Build relationships in the communities where our partners thrive.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale.
- 2+ years of experience in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing deals, ideally in start up or scale ups.
- High degree of work ethic, team mentality, coachability and a “how can we” vs. “we can’t attitude".
- Customer empathy and deep desire to see customers succeed
- High technical and business acumen with a desire to get technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs.
- A strong business generalist with a passion and intuition for what makes startups successful (ie strong product sense).
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excited to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Ability to work with all types of people and build long-lasting relationships.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.