Sales Development Lead
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
New Business is the engine of revenue growth at Plaid. This team generates sales pipeline for the business and develops the company's future sales talent.
- Team management: Managing a team of 3-8 new business representatives to hit quota
- Pipeline development and management: Ensure pipe generation meets business targets; Partner with Marketing and Sales leadership to unlock and unblock pipe creation
- Coaching and mentorship: Coaching team develop their sales acumen and achieve professional ambitions
- Team building: Hire, develop and promote world-class talent through ever-green recruiting efforts
- Strategic initiatives: Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive step-level improvements in pipeline generation
- 3-10 years of experience, ideally with at least 2 years of team management experience
- Sales experience: Experience as an AE or sales development manager
- Experience selling tech products: Experience at a tech company, ideally involved with developer-oriented products
- Quantitative inclination: Comfort with and desire to deliver quantitative objectives
- Strong written and communications skills: Role requires regular communication with team, stakeholders, and business leads
- Experience managing sales teams: Experienced manager of sales development reps and/or AEs
- Experience in pipeline development and management: Ability to develop both short-term execution plans and long-term strategy for pipeline development
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.