Account Manager - Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Account Management team in Plaid’s Enterprise Segment leverages our deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our cross-vertical cohort of customers build and scale amazing applications. We act as partners, advisors, and advocates for our customers to help shape how consumer and business interactions with their finances will drastically improve in the coming years.
Plaid is looking for an experienced customer-facing professional to manage and grow our relationships with a small, focused portfolio of high-potential, strategic customers. The right candidate is a natural at building strong partnerships and has demonstrated success owning and growing customer relationships with large enterprise customers (cross-selling/up-selling, increasing product utilization, senior stakeholder management). In this role, you will focus on managing a portfolio of approximately 5-10 of Plaid’s largest customer accounts. You will be the primary point of contact for your customers and will work with them on all stages of integration, scaling, product expansion, and partnership management.
You will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders ranging from developers to product owners to executives, to help customers create the applications that will empower businesses and consumers with their financial data. Your goal will be to ensure an impeccable level of service and provide thoughtful guidance on how to optimize Plaid’s solutions for their business. The right candidate is solutions oriented, and has demonstrated success in owning and growing strong, long-lasting customer relationships, and identifying and pursuing new revenue opportunities.
- Own overall relationship with customers, identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with influencers and the core team interacting with our solutions
- Manage partnership, commercial, and technical topics; develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale to drive revenue
- Lead key partnership initiatives including ongoing checkpoints, business reviews, and technical escalations; identifying critical goals and key performance indicators to clearly understand and measure client satisfaction
- Be a strategic advisor and provide consultative guidance on Plaid and industry best practices as customers build and scale their applications
- Enable successful and consistent renewals to maintain existing segment revenue, as well as identify and execute on new growth opportunities with customers in support of the Sales team, or independently when required
- Be a champion for our customers and work with our internal Plaid teams to translate customer feedback into product insights; partner with key customer stakeholders to ensure alignment between their business and product priorities and Plaid’s
- Partner and collaborate with internal cross-functional counterparts such as Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Technical Support, Legal, Engineering, and Product teams to drive successful outcomes for Plaid and our customers
- 8+ years of relationship management experience with large enterprise organizationsInterest in financial services and technical products; grit, enthusiasm, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to partner with Enterprise Sales to drive successful outcomes for Plaid customers; previous deal experience required
- Ability to collaborate closely with Plaid’s technical team to ensure customer application launches are timely and successful; previous B2B technology experience is a strong plus
- A strong business generalist with an acute product sense and ability to drive revenue growth
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts
- Ability to solve complex customers challenges through creative problem solving and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Interest in financial services and technical products; grit, enthusiasm, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.