Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don't currently consider themselves to be a fintech actually are.
You'll be the one helping us achieve this vision. As a Sales Development Representative, you'll forge the path to finding new clients and prospect new customers for us to target. We are looking for extraordinary sales professionals with SaaS/tech and/or outbounding selling experience, who can demonstrate the added value of Plaid and what impact it can have on FinTech and non-FinTech alike. In this role you will be responsible for organizational mapping, prospecting individuals, driving engagement, setting opportunities for AEs, taking qualification calls, and nurturing early opportunities. The ideal candidate is customer centric, resilient, challenges the status quo, and has an interest in advancing their career in tech sales.
What Excites Us
- 1-3 years of experience in pipeline development and/or sales (preferably at SaaS company)
- Leading high-level conversations with business stakeholders
- The ability to evangelize Plaid’s value proposition in order to assess buying interest
- The ability to thrive in a high customer volume, time-sensitive environment
- Having a relentless mindset and unwillingness to quit
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Experience working with customers and explaining technical products
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
What Excites You
- Acting as a key member of the Plaid GTM Team, supporting several Account Executives hunting new business
- Liaising with Marketing to provide feedback on campaigns and design new efforts
- Identifying prospects and building pipeline through outbound campaigns
- Helping new clients get started with Plaid and answering questions about our products
- Identifying the most promising verticals to help drive increased revenue opportunity
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?