IMS Core Engineer
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
The IMS/VoLTE Integration Engineer will analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
Key responsibilities :
- Manage networks and nodes within the IMS domain for our 2.5G, 3G & 4G networks (SIP, H323, IMS/IMT, VoLTE, VoWiFi)
- Using dashboards (and building new ones) to clearly and quickly discover issues and patterns
- Accountable and responsible to follow the communications procedures in place when handling an incident. Communication is both internal within our company and external to our third-party providers.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, security audits, and emergency response
- Undertake fault handling and corrective actions on node, service and infrastructure level
- Handle project activities, implementing / adapting (new) IMS E2E service functionalities, nodes, services
- When needed, cover the 7x24 monitoring shift responsibilities (On call support, etc.)
- Wireshark tracing of critical infrastructure to debug issues
- Provide input, implement and verify improvements in processes and work instructions ·
- Verify and implement configuration changes
- Work to identify and drive improvement
- Holding a Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunication or Computer Science (post-graduate studies are a bonus) and 10+ years core telecommunications network experience
- Working knowledge of telecom networks like 2G, 2.5G, 3G and LTE (MME, SGW, PGW, and MME)
- Great Conceptual understanding of IMS evolution and trends - IMS Subsystems, functionalities and IMS services call flows.
- Great knowledge of IMS network topology (their various interfaces), Core IMS Parameters and Features
- Worked on different type of Core Nodes, CSFB, IMS (P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF, MTAS, HSS, CUDB, MGCF, etc.)
- Experience with SS7, ISUP, BICC, SIP, H248, Diameter signaling & protocols configuration change IMS based services is necessary
- Operation and maintenance of IMS platforms for Alarms, faults/abnormal conditions handling, Analysis of traces, High troubleshooting skills, system backup/restore from backup files, Fault Diagnostics, Preventive Maintenance & upgrades of IMS nodes
- Configuration preparation & implementation for configuration changes requests for IMS nodes and Integration for all nodes (S-CSCF, I-CSCF, MTAS, HSS, CUDB, etc.) as well
- Hands on with sniffers, Wireshark and testing tools in advanced mode
- Hands on with Linux/Unix based systems (you can find your way around a linux shell)
- Understanding of 3GPP, ITU-T and ANSI standards
- Understanding of roaming agreements and IR.21, including IREG testing
- VoLTE Troubleshooting and call trace analysis
- Strong writing and documentation skills are needed to develop reports
- Adaptability and responding to change
- Be able to work under pressure
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ready to work on morning/afternoon shifts
- Good interaction with external customers and internal teams
Our Culture and Team:
- We value diverse points of view and opinions, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability status or other defining characteristics
- We are all empowered to make decisions as long as we document them...… and we document as much as we can, for both current and new employees
- Once a decision has been agreed upon, we work together in the same direction
- We are an engineer-led company, including our CEO who has led 3 startups into successful exits
- Being a distributed team, some meetings are unavoidable but we’ve been happy with our “no-meetings-Wednesday” policy!
Still on the fence?
- We offer a competitive salary plus stock options
- Our engineers get a MacBook Pro
- Our offices are a place we enjoy sharing with our team, but we also support flexible work arrangements
- We have company sponsored team-lunches and company retreats
- We are an international organization, which enables you to work across boundaries, travel to different locations, and enjoy the dynamics of a rapidly growing startup