Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
The Financial Supervisor will oversee the organization’s accounting systems,maintaining accurate records and financial documentation. Supervise financial and accounting processes and ensure adherence to company and/or federal laws. Prepare financial statements to management in a timely fashion.
In this role, you will perform daily accounting functions, financial reporting, management reporting, and financial analysis. This role also involves managing payroll processing cycles for OXIO’s global team. A successful accountant at OXIO will be able to manage OXIO’s accounting calendar and ensure timeliness and efficiency.
You will own projects from start to finish and proactively provide insights to the Controller/Head of Finance. This role will experience a lot of growth and expansion as OXIO kicks off global operations in Q4 of 2024. The hired candidate must gain a thorough understanding of telecom industry specific financial operations, and develop a roll-up-your-sleeve attitude to embrace change and expansion.
- Interviews, hires, and trains clerical and professional accounting staff in the finance department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Analyzes financial reports in relation to current budget and prior year information.
- Audits expenditures, ensuring compliance with the accounting procedures of the organization.
- Balances and reconciles accounts; adjusts and corrects daily journal entries.
- Monitors expenditures and prepares monthly financial statements and administrative reports.
- Provides technical support to clerical and professional staff.
- Prepares quarterly and annual statements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare, process, and review bi-weekly payroll to ensure accuracy for new hires, salary increases, status changes, (transfers, promotions, demotions, terminations, FMLA, etc.) time off accrual & usage, incentives, benefit & payroll deductions, expense reimbursements, and any other payroll adjustments.
- Own the preparation of US tax provisions and schedules and ensure that OXIO meets its tax liabilities and obligations at state and federal levels.
- Own the expense reimbursement process by adhering to the company's comprehensive Global Travel and Expense Policy doc.
- Manage OXIO's corporate card system and ensure that approved users follow protocol and submit the required back-ups by the end of the monthly statement cycle.
- Perform reconciliation of inter-company transactions and provide appropriate reports to local accounting teams in LATAM, Europe, and Canada.
- Manage Accounts Payable process of OXIO's US entity.
- Support ad hoc global finance and accounting processes.
- Own the full-cycle accounting of OXIO's US entity and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual closing.
- Work with the VP of finance, account managers, and legal to understand US customer agreements for monthly account reconciliation purposes.
- Prepare monthly invoices for OXIO's US customers and audit the same against client contracts for compliance.
- Prepare outgoing inventory invoices upon internal request from the Sales team while coordinating with the Logistics team on the delivery timeline.
- Coordinate with the Operations/Logistics team to track inventory movement and monthly reconciliation.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure vendors are onboarded efficiently.
- Regularly review general ledger accounts for any miscoding and perform corrections.
- Maintain an accurate schedule of fixed assets and depreciation.
- Promptly respond to finance-related customer inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for various business needs.
Post US Revenue Operations Kickoff (Q4 2022 and Beyond):
- A solid understanding of US GAAP and accrual accounting principles.
- 6+ years experience in accounting, with a CPA or a comparable certification.
- An advanced degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Use Excel (Lookup, Index Matching, PIVOTS), Google sheets, and other Google suite products.
- Three to five years of supervising experience required. (minimum 1 year)
- Understanding of financial management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
- Experience of specific computer software – insert as applicable e.g. Sage
- Ability to assist in financial management and control
- Ability to drive a team
- Project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Other Desired Skills
- A US CPA or CMA certification
- A Finance Supervisor must have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform effectively as
- Finance Supervisor; to comply with the requirements of the organization and any applicable rules, and with any law which applies to your job role.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks & Xero accounting system.
- Experience in using data BI Platforms to query and obtain data for reconciliation. (Holistics, Sisense, Mosaic, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate financial reports and perform timely updates