Director, Brand Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
As the Director of Brand Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for bringing traditional companies across multiple verticals into the NFT space and ensuring their success on the OpenSea platform. You will lead end-to-end business development efforts leveraging your experience to drive business growth. You will thrive in this role if you are creative, discerning, structured, action-oriented, and excited by a fast-moving and innovative space.
- Lead our business development and strategy efforts across multiple verticals: identifying priority target companies, building key relationships, and negotiating multi-faceted partnerships
- Develop a deep understanding of OpenSea's platform and NFT ecosystem to effectively and creatively communicate the value proposition to potential partners
- Drive user and revenue growth through deals with companies, IP holders, and sponsors
- Grow relationships with existing partners to help them succeed and best leverage the OpenSea platform for their web3 activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful partnership execution including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Trust & Safety.
- Work with Product to develop tools and product features that address key unmet needs for the space
- Represent OpenSea at industry events, conferences and speaking engagements
- 8+ years of partnership and business development experience in 1-2 deep verticals (e.g. Sports, Fashion, CPG, Hospitality)
- Deep understanding of the intricacies, opportunities, challenges / limitations for key players in the space
- Strong existing network and relationships with key decision-makers
- Proven ability to think creatively, inspire brands, and close complex deals with high-profile partners in an autonomous fashion across verticals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to lead, persuade, and drive alignment among differing perspectives internally and externally
- Comfortability working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A positive and collaboration-first attitude with exceptional communication skills
- [Nice to have] Demonstrated interest or professional experience in web3/crypto
- [Nice to have] MBA preferred
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $190,000 - $250,000 plus benefits & equity.