Loan Servicing Specialist
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners. We are currently looking for a Loan Servicing Specialist to join Roadrunner’s Servicing Center in Irving, Texas. This is a tremendous opportunity to partner with us to build a best in class servicing organization for our growing portfolio of Powersports loans.
- Reviewing and processing state required notices (right to cure default letters, notices of strict compliance, etc.).
- Verifying eligibility of and processing requests for loan modifications such as due date changes and extensions.
- Account corrections of customer information such as addresses, collateral information, and phone numbers with internal systems using multiple platforms.
- Reviewing return payments and providing necessary account maintenance and documentation.
- Process high volume requests from multiple departments and responding to inquiries.
- Payment corrections such as fee modifications, interest correction, and reversals.
- Review and modify Autopay, ACH direct pays.
- Process loan flat cancellations, review net trade accounts.
- Close out installment loan accounts. Responsible for the end-to-end PIF process. Prepare loans to move to PAID Account status and release refunds as needed. Includes canceling and refunding of aftermarkets (AMRs) and payoff overages.
- Handling of incoming mail including returned mail and misc. correspondence.
- May include occasional mail retrieval from area post office.
- Comply with all federal and state specific laws that regulate collections and servicing activities.
Additional duties may include the following as needed (experience preferred but not required):
- Administer payment processing and deposit operations. Work with payment processing vendor (PPC) handling exception processing. Includes account payoffs, various types.
- Reconciliation of posted payoffs and other miscellaneous payments.
- Processing of AMR (Aftermarket refunds).
- Complete daily upload of third-party vendor PPC center non-exception repay files.
- Complete account maintenance of loans including debits and credits.
- Balance exception payment file to loan servicing system payment report.
- Complete periodic bank deposits.
- Review account payments for accuracy, identification of potential discrepancies, and escalate as needed.
- Occasional phone calls to dealers, banks, and customers to validate and/or verify account information.
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative, accounting, or loan servicing position (or college equivalent)
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with customer correspondence. Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail a must. Preferably within auto finance or installment loan servicing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) and or Google Workspace i.e., G-Suite (Docs & Sheets)
- Ability to master web-based loan servicing systems of record. Experience with LoanPro a plus – Training provided
- Customer Service attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Honest with a strong work ethic, unscheduled absences are rare, always punctual
- Experience and understanding of deposit operations and accounting functions including Lockbox is a plus
- Experience with DocuSign and RightSignature preferred
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 20 Days PTO (Accrued)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k with Company Match).
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit
- Gympass Wellness Benefit
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.