Manager, Risk Operations & Compliance
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
The Manager, Risk Operations & Compliance position will drive change and lead the design, implementation, and administration of the second line of defense oversight for one or more assigned Business Segments. This position’s core responsibilities can include ongoing governance of the operational risk frameworks, policies, and charters, serving as committee chair, completing quantitative and qualitative assessments, driving analysis to support the oversight and assurance that business processes are appropriately identified and assessed.
The Manager, Risk Operations & Compliance will report to the Vice President of Risk Governance and assist our Enterprise Risk Governance program as follows:
- Responsible for leading key projects and initiatives to further develop Operational Risk and Compliance programs in the build and development of Enterprise Risk and the Three Lines of Defense.
- Facilitate and coordinate Octane’s Second Line Defense Operational Level committee meetings as assigned, ensuring timely scheduling, agenda development, distribution of materials, and keeping accurate meeting minutes.
- Communicate committee decisions, policies, and recommendations to relevant stakeholders within the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and Legal to design, implement, and support a regulatory compliant program.
- Builds and monitors Risk Reporting including pertinent key risk indicators and investigates and reports on adverse movements or aggregation of risk across segments.
- Identify, develop, and analyze metrics and key performance indicators to enable the measurement or risk to ensure segments and programs are meeting business objectives
- Supports the independent risk assessments and risk management process reviews, and independent representation of Operational Risk Management (ORM), including effectively influencing colleagues and leading initiative outside of the Operational Risk organization.
- Support the enhancement of ORM analytics including the development of scorecards and dashboards, as well as identification of tools and techniques to automate our analytical environment while assessing and recommending tools and techniques to automated information systems control verification processes.
- Identifying and recommending solutions for negative trends or risk events and leading implementation of operational risk strategies and initiatives
- Develops and maintains Op Risk policies, procedures, process maps, and manuals as required, and complete operational reporting for the Operational Risk Committee (ORC).
- Provide risk & compliance advisory support on end-to-end processes.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure visibility into compliance risks impacting key initiatives, company growth, or business partners.
- Support the compliance management system, including policy maintenance, risk assessment, audits and exams, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Partner closely with peers to understand process risks and develop process control reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree followed by 3+ years of professional experience in Risk & Compliance (Industry experience within Consumer Finance, FinTech, Financial Services, or similar industries is preferred)
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts clearly and concisely to non-compliance individuals.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing regulatory compliant programs
- Experience leading and managing executive committees in a financial institution
- Experience working with consumer financial laws and regulations including but not limited to ECOA, TCPA, FCRA, TILA, UDAAP, FDCPA, EFTA; demonstrated Track record of collaborating with legal and compliance teams to ensure regulatory alignment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across the organization and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, motivate and lead others within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to provide risk and compliance advisory support on end-to-end processes, collaborating with leadership to ensure visibility into compliance risks impacting key initiatives and business growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision making and risk mitigation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide root cause analysis for control gaps and weaknesses
- Demonstrated knowledge of process quality assurance assessment and risk control/management
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills (SQL experience is a plus)
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Gympass Wellness Benefit
- Powersports Safety Benefit
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.