Senior Manager, Collections Risk Strategy - Hybrid
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are hiring a talented and experienced Risk Manager to lead projects related to collections management and loss forecasting for Octane’s credit portfolio of nearly $2B. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and improving Octane’s approach to collections, short-term loss forecasting, stress testing, and performance management.
- Develop collections strategy for multiple products to optimize loss mitigation and revenue recovery while minimizing operational costs for the business
- Set up statistically sound A/B testing using a robust Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology to test various aspects of collections strategy and operations
- Own the digital collection platform end-to-end:
- Optimization of electronic channel communication tools, including design of contact strategy, channel strategy, and message tone and functionality
- Manage new strategy element testing and implementation
- Create and manage alert/fault reporting with the support of product/tech stakeholders
- Support assessment and implementation of risk technology platforms and processes to improve operations' capacity, efficiency, and functionality
- Perform ad hoc analysis to understand collections risk performance trends and anomalies, and proactively identify improvement opportunities for improvement
- Design reports to track KPIs around operational execution, strategy performance, collector performance, and changes to risk profile; summarize and present findings to senior management
- Collaborate with servicing, data science, and product to produce better business outcomes
- Mentor and develop junior team members into strong senior performers
- 7+ years of total experience in analytics, collections, or credit
- A BS degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Econometrics, Decision Sciences, or Engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- Exceptional Excel skills and hands-on experience programming in Python and SQL
- Excellent people development and management soft skills
- Experience taking analyses from raw data to polished recommendations and communicating complex, technical findings to broad audiences
- Great analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Gympass Wellness Benefit
- Powersports Safety Benefit
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.