Director, Loss Forecasting & Reporting
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are hiring a talented and experienced Risk Director to lead projects related to the management and loss forecasting for Octane’s credit portfolio of nearly $2B. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and improving Octane’s approach to loss forecasting, stress testing, and performance management.
- Forecast vintage losses using multiple methods to support multiple use cases across the business especially to support the Fair Value financial valuation
- Identify the drivers of loss and deviations in estimation techniques
- Develop methodologies to improve estimates
- Stress test our credit portfolio to understand the impact of changing economic, credit, and business conditions
- Write and maintain comprehensive documentation for loss forecasting policy
- Mentor and develop junior team members into strong senior performers
- Enhance existing (IFRS9 and CECL) forecasting methodologies
- Perform various ad-hoc analytics to inform decision making
- Develop analytical tools to inform strategic business decisions
- Partner with technology to automate reporting and analytics tools by providing business requirements
- Prepare and present materials to senior management and other Firmwide stakeholders, adapting messages to different audiences
- 8+ years of experience in loss forecasting with a good overall understanding of consumer credit and a focus on installment loans
- BS in a quantitative field, MBA preferred
- Strong Python, SQL, and Excel skills
- Strong statistical background
- Ability to translate technical language into business requirements and vice versa
- Strong communication skills and experience working across teams
- Experience managing projects and people
- Securing lending/Auto finance experience is a plus
- Asset back securities and Capital market knowledge is preferred
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $200,000 to $210,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Gympass Wellness Benefit
- Powersports Safety Benefit
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.