Total Rewards Manager
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, OPE and Auto’s - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, our Company employs 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are seeking a Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join Octane’s People Team as a subject matter expert for our compensation and benefits strategies and programs.
You will partner closely with the Director, Total Rewards to establish best practices around total rewards that will align with Octane’s culture and values. You have previously worked at a start-up and have been able to adapt to a fast paced environment.
Additionally, you will be operating through a hybrid schedule and expected to work onsite at our New York office a minimum of 3 days per week to build excellent relationships with our employees and business partners.
- Subject matter expert in their area of specialty on corporate compensation and benefits
- Collect, compile, and analyze data and metrics related to employee benefits and compensation including trends, patterns and best practices
- Prepare reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership
- Partner with Total Rewards team and People business partners to make recommendations for policies and procedures to improve existing metrics including changes to benefits, leaves of absence programs, and compensation offerings
- Research and coordinate with the Total Rewards team and external benefits broker contacts to alternatives for health, wellness, retirement plans and benefit programs
- Facilitates implementation of new leave programs, benefits plans, and other related initiatives
- Partner with other team stakeholders (Total Rewards, Business Partners, Employee Experience) to lead company wide compensation review cycles and processes
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert, partnering with both internal and external stakeholders for company wide Open Enrollment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in Total Rewards, Compensation Management, Benefits Design & Administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills with programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge and thorough understanding of regulations including local, state, and federal laws involving employment and benefits administration (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA)
- Progressive and forward thinking on total rewards best practices
- Detail oriented, organized, energetic and action focused
- Experience with compensation platforms (such as Salary.com & Pave a plus)
- You possess high energy and collaborate well with others
- You are a self starter with a can-do attitude and possess a hands-on and sophisticated understanding of compensation and benefits best practices in the industry
- Experience with executive, deferred and equity-based compensation
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $105,000 to $115,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc.
- Gympass wellness benefit
- Powersports Safety Benefit
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.