Collections Portfolio Specialist (Collector) (Hybrid)
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are currently looking for experienced Collections Portfolio Specialists to join our servicing center in Irving, Texas to conduct “first party” collection activity on our portfolio of “installment loans”
You will love our new state of the art 80,000 sq. ft. facility in Irving, TX which Includes our very own Starbucks and cafe.
Successful candidates will be honest, with a strong work ethic, few unscheduled absences, and always punctual. You will need a secure private area with no distractions when working from home, along with the ability to work a flexible schedule Mon –Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm includes one late night 10:00am to 7:00pm. Up to two Saturdays per month 8:00am to Noon. May include some overtime. Schedules subject to change based on business needs. The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and demonstrates superior judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
Specifically, you will:
- Adhere to a hybrid schedule 3 days in office and work from home 2 days per week and on any scheduled Saturdays.
- Self-manage your own assigned portfolio cradle to grave. Held accountable for performance based on your assigned targets and KPIs.
- Maintain delinquency and mitigate losses by conducting outbound and inbound collection calls and skip tracing as needed.
- Manually dial (no dialer!) to collect first party installment loan accounts for a portfolio comprised of 65%/35% Prime/Near Prime
- Manage an approximate average daily ACR (Account to Collector Ratio) of 120 accounts on average outlined as follows.
- 1-29 DPD 75
- 30-119 DPD 45
- Total ACR: 120
- Provide consistent and productive follow up on delinquent accounts ranging from 1-120 days, detailing all discussions and actions in system of record.
- Investigate and resolve complex problems and issues generally associated with loan servicing, i.e. potential loss situations such as impounds and repossessions
- Comply with all federal and state specific laws that regulate collections and will adhere to company policies
- HS Diploma or GED required (some college coursework a plus) followed by preferably two years of collections and or servicing experience, ideally in an installment loan, auto or mortgage portfolio
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Able to master use of web-based system of record (LoanPro) and available skip tools (training provided)
- Energetic, flexible, empathetic, with a positive attitude, with the ability to work well under pressure to meet daily and monthly goals
- Strong communication and negotiation skills along with excellent “people” skills and a strong customer service attitude
- Possess effective written and verbal communications skills; Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Why Work Here?
Beyond our beautiful new facility, you will work with caring and engaging professionals at a company that values individualism, collaboration, transparency and accountability. In addition to industry leading compensation, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 20 Days PTO (Accrued)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k with Company Match).
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit
- Gympass Wellness Benefit
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.