Senior Information Security Engineer - Hybrid
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Information Security Engineer with a passion for automation, interconnectivity, security, and implementation of robust technology systems. Embedded in an Agile environment, you will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders company-wide to ensure that Octane’s foundational technology and corporate IT stack, both internally critical and externally visible, have reliability, security, and a fast pace of improvement. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise in coding/scripting, cloud technology, and system design to solve the challenges of maintaining systems, building technology infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
- Plan, design, develop, and implement security technologies and initiatives that improve the security baseline of both our cloud environment and physical offices
- Create technology integrations and solutions using scripting languages and custom developed software
- Deliver engineering, technology, and process improvements related to security and compliance operations
- Configure, maintain, and improve identity provider (IdP) and mobile device management (MDM) technologies
- Enhance system, network, and application observability and telemetry
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Support foundational infrastructure improvements via design and implementation of interconnected systems
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on the team and across the engineering organization
- Respond to outages and incidents with a timely and efficient resolution, and support the team’s after-hours on-call schedule
- 5+ years of experience leading multiple projects designing, building, and running secure, fault-tolerant production systems in cloud or virtualized environments
- 3+ years of experience in Security, Infrastructure, or Technology engineering
- Relevant security-focused degrees and certifications are preferred
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems and server administration
- Collaborated with distributed engineering teams
- Background scripting/coding automations and API connections with tools such as Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Designed and configured Identity systems (Azure AD, Okta) and implemented SSO and provisioning
- Experience configuring and maintaining Security operations tools such as EDR, VPN/SASE, firewalls
- Previously utilized infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- Systems architecture experience designing & deploying highly available, fault tolerant solutions
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $130,000 to $160,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.