Manager, Business Controls
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are searching for a Business Control Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Director Business Controls, you will represent the first line of defense for Octane’s Operations business unit and play a key role in identifying, improving, and measuring the controls that align to policy/standards. Ensuring control performance remains at expected levels and addressing longer term control deficiencies. You will work closely with Operations leadership to develop practical solutions to ensure compliant execution of compliance and risk guidance provided by the Legal or Risk business units as well as bring closure to self-identified operational issues.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive control inventory
- Assist with the development and maintenance of process standards that ensure appropriate execution of compliance and regulatory guidance
- Develop the necessary infrastructure to monitor and report process control/performance for the Operations business unit
- Participate in the testing, validation and implementation of initiatives to maintain oversight and control potential compliance risks
- Create strong partnerships with business/process owners to review processes for potential improvements and be capable of moving forward with planned process improvements
- Ensure operational compliance with relevant regulations, internal and external policies and procedures
- Ensure quality and risk controls are in place and that tests/checks of controls are completed as scheduled
- Follow-up with process owners to ensure necessary fixes are performed by the production or operations team to resolve process or control breaks
- Participate in, or lead, operational compliance or performance related key project initiatives for Operations
- Support senior leadership in managing Octane’s relationship with servicing platform vendor (LoanPro)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Business Controls, Risk, Process Design and Compliance within a business operations function
- 7+ years of operating experience in a financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance requirements and regulatory expectations in consumer finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations-based risk control self assessment and quality control
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading operational improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back-up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Conflict resolution/management skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Strong change management and project management skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Willing and able to challenge the status quo
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.