Security Engineer - Hybrid
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are looking for a Security Engineer with a passion for automation, interconnectivity, security, and implementation of robust technology systems. Embedded in an Agile environment, you will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders company-wide to ensure that Octane’s foundational technology and corporate IT stack, both internally critical and externally visible, have reliability, security, and a fast pace of improvement. You will have the opportunity to work on coding/scripting, cloud technology, and system design to solve the challenges of maintaining systems, building technology infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
- Evaluate, configure, implement, and maintain security and enterprise technology platforms
- Automate up-to-date patching and configuration for servers and infrastructure
- Review of security alerts to our endpoints, servers, and networks; investigate and decide proper course of remediation
- Manual and automated assessments of code and package security
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve security baseline of the organization
- Promote security best practices across the company: help employee understand security concept, help them improve their use of security controls
- Assist compliance team with identifying security gaps
- 2 - 4+ years of professional experience in Cyber Security or related role
- BS+ in Cyber Security, Computer Science or related field
- Experience in endpoint protection and incident management
- Experience with identity and network security solutions including familiarity with network protocols
- General understanding of application security and type of vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with digital forensic tools and processes
- Detail-oriented, with good problem solving and decision making
- Proven communication and collaboration skills, specifically complex security subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Programming/scripting experience (Python and Bash a plus)
- Security Certification(s) (plus)
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $75,000 to $95,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.