Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
The VP of FP&A will build, lead, and manage the FP&A team to ensure long-term financial and operational success of the business. They will have direct oversight over the Accounting team to ensure adherence to US GAAP standards and compliance with all relevant financial and tax regulations. They will also define the corporate trajectory through analysis of long-term impacts of strategic, financing, and operational shifts.
- Lead financial planning, including budgeting, forecasting, headcount planning, and financial modeling
- Contribute to the construction and evolution of our five-year strategic plan, roadmap and management scorecard for our Senior Leadership Team
- Work with the CEO and CFO in all fundraising activities, ensuring compliance with debt covenants and optimizing use and allocation of capital
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly, and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to BOD, executive management, department heads, and investors
- Lead the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes, including assisting in the development of corporate targets and gaining alignment with the C-level
- Manage the company P&L to ensure we meet and achieve external reporting guidance metrics and ensure leadership has visibility into risks and opportunities
- Lead process to develop and publish standard reporting packages for the various levels of management reporting
- Identify and monitor significant business trends and variances to plan in revenue, expenses, headcount, capital, balance sheet and cash flow items. Alert senior leadership to issues and provide proactive and insightful observations and suggestions for improvement
- Oversee performance management activities by developing and tracking key metrics, allowing management to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and react to exceptions or changes in trends
- Drive continuous improvement of the FP&A organization to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business, Top-tier MBA
- Minimum 15-20 years of managerial accounting, financial reporting and financial planning and analysis experience
- Expert knowledge in accounting systems, US GAAP and ability to investigate challenging accounting topics independently and with precision
- Strong organizational and managerial/delegation skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to grasp complex business concepts, distill into key points and be a creative problem solver
- Agile; learn quickly, move fast, work well under pressure and be hands-on in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Knowledge of corporate finance and accounting theory, principles and practices to include GAAP, and Stock-Based Compensation, and benefits planning
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or other high-growth environments
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $225,000 to $250,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.