Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are seeking a bright and resourceful Risk Analyst to join the Risk team at Octane. The team is responsible for monitoring risk in fraud, credit and collections area. An ideal candidate for this role can parse large volumes of data to get to an answer that generates business value. They have a scientific mindset and is excited to run the experiments that will further optimize our loan portfolio. Lastly, they are a structured thinker who can methodically explain their analysis to senior leaders in the risk organization.
The analyst position on the risk team is a high-growth role that provides a comprehensive grounding in consumer risk management. The analyst will have an opportunity to rotate through various functions namely fraud, credit and collections within the risk department.
Specifically, you will
- Optimize strategies to underwrite consumer loan programs within risk and business constraints
- Analyze our portfolio to find sources of incremental yield, mitigate excess risk, and optimize for value
- Design and monitor key KPIs to provide insights into the fraud, credit and collections lifecycle
- Forecast loss and performance under varied credit and economic conditions
- Improve sophistication and technical implementation of current approaches
- Create and maintain credit policy documentation
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, econometrics, or engineering
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in risk management at a financial institution, comparable experience in an analytical environment, or related Master’s degree with minimum 1-3 years of related experience
- Self-starter who thrives on autonomy
- Comfort working with large datasets
- Hands-on programming experience with SQL, Python, or other languages preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The role described above offers a base salary of $70,000 to $90,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company match
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.