Risk Associate, Credit Strategy
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are seeking a bright and resourceful associate to join the Credit Strategy team at Octane. In this role you will establish credit strategies in-line with our risk appetite and provide oversight and strategic direction on the portfolio.
An ideal candidate for this role will work with large volumes of data to get to an answer that generates business value on how to establish optimal credit strategies in-line with our risk appetite and provide strategic direction on the portfolio. And this candidate is a structured thinker who can methodically explain analysis to senior leaders in the risk organization and beyond. As a critical member on the credit strategy team, the candidate will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the direction and success of the business.
- Perform advanced data analytics and formulate new strategies for loan origination underwriting, loan amount assignment and loan pricings that optimize profitability.
- Take ownership of credit policy documentation and enhance policies and processes to mitigate credit risk exposure.
- Design and monitor key KPIs to provide insights into the credit lifecycle.
- Maintain quality control and validation that risk processes are working as expected.
- Improve sophistication and technical implementation of current approaches.
- Collaborate with the portfolio risk team to track credit performance and take action to manage the portfolio within the organization’s risk management appetite.
- Develop business insights and communicate proposals to C-level audiences.
- Work cross-functionally with the company’s Tech, Product, Sales, and Finance teams to lead and manage new credit product initiatives that further our mission of providing convenient point-of-sale financing to niche consumer products.
- A BS degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, decision sciences, or engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- Good overall understanding of consumer credit and lending
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in performing credit analysis, including experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau/ Power BI
- Exceptional hands-on experience Python, SQL and Excel
- Experience taking analyses from raw data to polished recommendations and communicating complex, technical findings to broad audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Compensation: The role described above offers a base salary of $110,000 to $130,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.