Senior Systems Engineer
Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are looking for a motivated cloud infrastructure engineer with a passion for building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems to drive engineering innovation. Embedded in an Agile environment, you will work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and engineers company-wide to ensure that Octane’s services, both internally critical and externally visible, have reliability, appropriate uptime, and a fast pace of improvement. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design to solve the challenges of scaling systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
- Plan, design, develop, and support innovations that improve infrastructure performance, resiliency, availability, scalability, and security in both our cloud environment and our physical offices.
- Support foundational IT infrastructure improvements via design and implementation of interconnected systems
- Use automations, APIs, integrations, and new processes to support business technology needs
- Configure and manage networks in the cloud, on-premises, and a variety of SaaS platforms
- Deliver engineering, technology, and process improvements related to security and compliance operations
- Configure and maintain identity provider (IdP) and mobile device management (MDM) technologies
- Enhance system, network, and application observability and telemetry
- Respond to outages with a timely and efficient resolution in support of production cloud infrastructure and applications, and support the team’s after-hours on-call schedule
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Provide cloud-based solutions to meet the goals and needs of the organization’s foundational corporate IT technology infrastructure
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on the team and across the engineering organization
- 5+ years of experience leading multiple projects designing, building, and running secure and fault-tolerant production systems in cloud or virtualized environments
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices in a cloud environment including server/network hardening, endpoint security, and risk mitigation
- Experience with Cisco, Cisco Meraki, and networking best practices including VPN, Site-to-Site routing, and Wireless network configuration in large office environments.
- Advanced knowledge of configuring and utilizing identity management with an IdP (Jumpcloud, Azure AD)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and shell/bash scripting and/or coding skills in Powershell, Python, or other equivalent languages. Includes infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge of common cloud services in AWS (EC2,RDS,IAM,S3,R53) and Azure (AAD, DNS, VM, Blob)
- Experience with engineering practices including agile methodology, change management, technical proposals, and monitoring/alerting
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools such as Ansible, UIPath, or Apache Airflow
- Experience with logging, monitoring, alerting, and observability tools including SIEM technology (e.g. Datadog, Sumo, Sentinel)
The role described above offers a base salary of $150,000 to $165,000. Your offer will be based on the alignment of your qualifications with the requirements of the job and internal equity. In addition to the above-mentioned salary, Total Rewards include a stock option package, and benefits as outlined below.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self managed)
- Retirement Plan (401K) with company match
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance etc.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.