MoneyLion is a leader in financial technology powering the next generation of personalized products and content, with a top consumer finance super app, a premier embedded finance platform for enterprise businesses and a world-class media arm. MoneyLion’s mission is to give everyone the power to make their best financial decisions. We pride ourselves on serving the many, not the few; providing confidence through guidance, choice, and personalization; and shortening the distance to an informed action.
In our go-to money app for consumers, we deliver curated content on finance and related topics, through a tailored feed that engages people to learn and share. People take control of their finances with our innovative financial products and marketplace - including our full-fledged suite of features to save, borrow, spend, and invest - seamlessly bringing together the best offers and content from MoneyLion and our 1,100+ Enterprise Partner network, together in one experience. MoneyLion’s enterprise technology provides the definitive search engine and marketplace for financial products, enabling any company to add embedded finance to their business, with advanced AI-backed data and tools through our platform and API. Established in 2013, MoneyLion connects millions of people with the financial products and content they need, when and where they need it.
About the Role
At the heart of our mission lies a commitment to empowering every American to make informed and impactful financial decisions. Our unwavering dedication to this cause is embodied in our suite of comprehensive financial products, data-driven content feed, and cutting-edge AI technology. We seamlessly blend these elements to provide users with an engaging and personalized financial experience.
We are now introducing MoneyLion WOW, our groundbreaking membership program designed for individuals ready to take control of their financial future. With unparalleled access to an array of exclusive benefits, MoneyLion WOW serves as a catalyst for achieving your financial aspirations.
As we embark on this transformative journey, we are in search of a visionary leader to assume the role of Director of Membership. This individual will serve as the General Manager of the business, taking full ownership of the profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities while fostering collaboration with cross-functional teams spanning Product, Engineering, Partnerships, and Marketing. Success in this role will be quantified not only by membership numbers, benefit utilization, and churn rates but, more significantly, by the tangible positive impact it has on the lives of our members.
This presents a unique opportunity to elevate a product, solidify its product-market fit, and establish it as an indispensable resource for those seeking financial independence.
The ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic blend of marketer and growth-hacker, driven by a bias for action and unwavering commitment to elevating the customer experience.
- Set and achieve revenue and growth targets for the program and each product/feature
- Identify and pursuing new business opportunities, partnerships and/or markets to accelerate growth
- Oversee product development, pricing strategies and engagement to enhance competitiveness
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts and financial models
- Managing the overarching customer and product strategy. Working with the teams to develop roadmap
- Monitor key financial metrics and KPIs to ensure financial health and profitability
- Develop and refine the value proposition for MoneyLion WOW membership program.
- Identify key benefits and features that resonate with target audiences, ensuring they align with our mission and user needs.
- Determine and negotiate business development and partnership opportunities to enhance value proposition
- Continuously analyze market trends and user feedback to evolve and enhance the value proposition.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create targeted marketing initiatives, including digital advertising, social media, email marketing, and partnerships.
- Collaborate with the products team in the creation of upselling moments along the user experience
- Monitor and report on key acquisition metrics, adjusting strategies as needed to achieve growth targets.
- Implement retention strategies that increase member engagement and satisfaction, reducing churn rates.
- Oversee the creation of personalized experiences and benefits that keep members actively using MoneyLion WOW.
- Analyze member data to identify patterns and opportunities for improving retention efforts.
- Develop loyalty programs, rewards, and incentives to enhance member loyalty and long-term commitment.
- Establish feedback mechanisms to capture member sentiment and make data-driven improvements.
- Act as the General Manager of the membership program, taking ownership of the P&L responsibilities.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Customer Operations, Legal/Compliance, Product, Engineering, Partnerships, and Marketing, to align efforts and drive program success.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, providing updates on membership performance, challenges, and opportunities.
- Champion the program's goals and objectives, ensuring buy-in and alignment across the organization.
- Navigate and resolve interdepartmental challenges, fostering a culture of collaboration and shared success.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in general management or marketing, some of it in subscription services
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Deep understanding of the fintech industry
- Can go from high level / strategy work to hands on execution
- Additional Qualifications :
- Intellectually curious.
- Self starter. Entrepreneurial. Driven.
- With a bias for action
- Highly analytically and data-driven
- Test and learn mentality
- Strong work ethic
- Cross-functional influence
The annual base salary for the Director of Membership/GM is expected to be between $180,000 to $210,000. Base salary is one component of MoneyLion's total compensation package, which includes, 401(k) match, multiple health insurance options, disability coverage, life insurance, and unlimited paid time off for salaried positions. Actual salaries will vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies related to the role.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.