Director, Fintech Sales
The Director, Fintech Sales will have proven success understanding partner needs, then crafting, positioning and customizing solutions, and finally negotiating and closing deals.
As a member of the sales team you will be focused on sourcing and closing net new relationships and new product sales with Fintechs, Neobanks, Digital Lenders, Aggregators and ecosystem partners to integrate Moneylion into their Customer Acquisition strategy, their Consumer monetization and non interest revenue strategies as well as positioning new Banking-as-a-Service and Data products
This individual will be proactive, driven and resilient through long sales cycles, an excellent communicator with executive presence, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. The Director, Fintech Sales will profile and develop relationships with senior-level decision makers to structure and execute new partnerships that address customer needs while generating revenue for Engine by Moneylion and his/her partners.
This role can be remote, ideally we are targeting candidates in the following areas: New York, San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami but we also welcome local candidates to participate in a hybrid work schedule out of our New York City office.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnerships in the fintech space with card issuers, lenders, credit builders and more
- Utilize a consultative approach to evaluate new business opportunities, deal-sizing, analyze competitors, recommend strategies, and lead proposal/face-to-face negotiations to win new business
- Maintain a strong cadence of networking, contacting and engaging prospects via warm intros as well as cold outreach, effectively communicating Engine ’s value proposition
- Follow through with all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing deal terms, to contract execution
- Consistently deliver superior customer service to partners, and be seen as a trusted thought partner
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to leadership on all pipeline sales opportunities via Salesforce and written communications
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations, reports and pricing proposals
- Find creative ways to uncover opportunities and strengthen relationships
- Minimum of 8+ years experience selling into Financial Institutions, preferably marketing related products & services
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Consultative approach to selling, with an ability to understand a partner’s needs and develop solutions
- Experience networking and sourcing deals, technical solutioning (supported by a Solutions Engineer), negotiating contract terms and closing deals
- High-degree of professional and executive level presence with ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Tech savvy with ability to be conversant in how our technology can be integrated both for user experience, and high-level data flows
- Strong understanding of Financial Consumer Marketing Strategies, affiliate Marketing a plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills - narrative story teller focused on solving client goals
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
- Proficient in Salesforce, Zoom Info, Outreach and other sales tools as well as Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce or similar applications
- Established industry relationships and experience working with fintech executive level business and marketing leaders a plus
The annual base salary for the Director, Fintech Sales is expected a base between $150,000 to $190,000 with up to OTE of $325,000 paid quarterly. Base salary is one component of MoneyLion's total compensation package, which includes, variable pay, 401(k) match, multiple health insurance options, disability coverage, life insurance, and unlimited paid time off for salaried positions. Actual salaries will vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies related to the role.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.