Credit Reporting Specialist
About the Role
The Credit Reporting Specialist will report directly to the Credit Dispute Manager within the Risk department. This role is designed to support the team with daily administrative responsibilities. The Credit Reporting Specialist will be responsible for collecting, reviewing and organizing all mail that is received. In addition, the role will be responsible for data administration and credit bureau reporting disputes.
To be successful in this role, you must have excellent organizational skills, great verbal and written communication, and be highly reliable. You should also be familiar with customer support software.
- Daily processing of all received mail, this includes travel to collect mail, sorting and organizing all documents received.
- Responsible for mailing out payment disputes to our lockbox on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for processing, investigating, resolving and responding to credit bureau disputes received from customers by mail, email and/or e-OSCAR.
- Responds to inquiries and assists in resolving problems/complaints related to credit bureau reporting.
- Corrects inaccurate account information provided to CRAs and documents the resolution using internal systems and e-OSCAR (ex. AUDs).
- Maintain current knowledge of CDIA guidelines for reporting and responding to disputes, including Metro2 knowledge according to the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG).
- Ensures compliance with MoneyLion’s policies and procedures, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Assist with completing Bankruptcy and Debt Validation functions when needed
- One to two years of research and investigation experience required. One to two years of loan servicing experience, preferred.
- Prior credit dispute or complaint management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FCRA, Metro2, e-OSCAR and CRRG is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability and ownership are a must.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, who needs little day to day oversight and can function in a remote work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, individually as well as a part of the bigger team, within a fast paced environment.
- Dependable; Must be able to work full-time, Monday – Friday
- Ability to work across multiple internal systems; Excel/Google Suite knowledge required
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Something looks off?