Director of Engineering
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
The Director of Engineering will lead a team of team leads and engineers to design, architecture, implement, and facilitate the operation of large-scale cloud systems. We are looking for someone with a strong technical foundation and business acumen with a proven track record of building a strong engineering culture that encourages effective collaborations across multiple domains.
- Work with the senior executives business line head(s) to meet business objectives, through ensuring timely delivery of sprint commitments, and making sure system architectures are future-proof
- Lead a team of team leads to support our various missions while establishing strong lines of communication at all levels
- Act as a hands-on coach and mentor who contributes to the development effort while helping grow your team members
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers and implement software alongside your team members when necessary
- Be deeply involved in the full development lifecycle: design, code, test, deploy
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment, and monitoring of our product
- Shorten the product to market time across MoneyLion's portfolio
- Be actively involved in resource planning and hiring strategy
- Worked as a software engineer with Java or other modern programming language like Typescript, Scala or equivalent
- Experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data or other modern programming frameworks
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as a Code (IAAC) practice and cloud infrastructure AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use DynamoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience building highly scalable and available distributed systems
- Managed a team of people managers, team leads or engineers
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, building, structuring, leading technical organizations, including performance management in fast paced organizations
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview by the SVP Engineering (face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview with Technical Panel (face-to-face)
- Interview - Final Interview by the Bar Raiser (face-to-face)
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Something looks off?