Senior Mobile Engineer
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion was an early adopter of React Native. We currently maintain one of the richest React Native applications on the app stores. As a RN engineer, you’ll come to us having experienced many aspects of RN development, from state management to creating lovely interfaces.
The MoneyLion mobile team prides itself on good communication, documentation, and instrumentation. With a fast-growing user base, and hundreds of thousands of daily active users, stability and awesome UX are our top priorities. You will be essential in contributing to the platform as a whole, making sure our features are performing well (and look great). You'll work closely with design, product, and the rest of the engineering team to help ensure a holistic experience for our users and maintain a solid foundation to make the ML membership even more valuable.
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan and develop new features for the MoneyLion mobile app
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Support QA team on testing and debugging
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends, and suggest new products and tools that would improve the development process, and application quality
- Identify high-level architectural problems and design the solutions
- Coach junior engineers
- Align business goals with technical priorities, and provide constructive feedback that gives insights to feature owners
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer (tech lead will be a plus)
- Proven experience in building workable Mobile applications (native, react native or hybrid), as well as NodeJS applications (server-side)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Functional Programming will be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- TA Interview and Live Coding Session - Talent Acquisition Team
- Take-home assignment
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Something looks off?