Data Scientist (Decision Science)
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We are looking for a data scientist to lead the development of data solutions that will enable us to assist day to day business decisions. This entails understanding and implementing modern machine learning methods and data driven decisions, applying them to retail financial data, and providing convincing evidence of their effectiveness.
- Perform analyses to understand how our users interact with our products and how to improve our products
- Communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Identify anomalies and investigate the root causes of anomalies
- Design, execute and monitor experiments
- Discover new insights and understanding of business performance based on data
- Identify trends and opportunities from the data and influence product roadmaps
- Develop dashboards to track relevant metrics
- Recommend ways to measure success
- Work with engineers to improve the data collection process
- Ensure data-driven decision making within the organization
- Strong mathematical, statistical or actuarial background
- Must have hands on experience in machine learning, predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Adept at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints
- Proficiency in either R, Python, Matlab or other analytics/data mining package
- Knowledge of SQL will be an advantage
- Knowledge of big data technologies and machine learning algorithms will be an advantage
- Preferably familiar with Big Data applications/solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana and etc
- Preferably familiar with data visualization techniques using one or more packages such Tableau, Weka or D3 visualisation.
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Online Technical Test
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Take-Home Assessment
- Interview & Discussion of Take-Home Assessment - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.